Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Missing OKE

I never realized how much I loved being a teacher...until I wasn't one. Today while I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus I heard an all too familiar sound...kids playing at recess. It made my heart melt just listening to it. And it also made me so thankful to realize that the passion I'd been searching for my whole life - is still very much alive and real! Teaching is stressful, tiring, overwhelming -- but absolute joy and I miss my OKE Outback terribly! I am so blessed to be living in the real Outback and basically "playing" my way through this year - but at the same time, I do miss being "Mrs. Thomas". All my sweet girls at OKE - I think about you all the time! I miss seeing your smiles and laughing together! I can't wait to get back to you next year!

Subiaco School right across from the bus stop - it's so cute and the sounds coming from the walls were music to my ears!

I couldn't resist....a beautiful tree just in front of the school!

What would a gloomy day be without a trip to IKEA!? I took the train out to this one and spent the morning wandering through it - wanting to buy everything I came across, BUT...I totally resisted and only came out with a few candles! :)

3 comments:

Rufus said...

Sorry you miss school! I don't miss IKEA, but the train sounded cool!

mandy said...

we miss you too Mrs. Thomas!!!

Kendra said...

I miss you too! It isn't the same without you. Lorie and I were talking about the old team getting together and we figured you would need to send an email for us to read in your absence:-)