Friday, October 10, 2008

Job hunting...

I thought it was probably time to start looking for a job...only the beach completely distracted me today.  After a jog along the beach I stopped off for a coffee at "The Blue Duck", a restaurant with a perfect balcony overlooking the ocean. (This is where the problem began)  I had all intentions of simply having a delicious cappuccino and then heading off to look for a job.  Only...I just couldn't help but give into the calling of the sun...the waves...the sand...I could literally hear them saying "Karis, we're so nice!  There will be plenty of time for jobs.  Come and play!"  And so, I relented and became a beach bum for the day.  Which I must say, seems like it could be my new full-time job because I am VERY good at it.  Here are a few pics from my day!  A few of them might be redundant and very similar - it's only because I can't help but want to take pictures of the water all day long!  It's addictive!  Back to the job search on Monday....unless I hear the calling again! :)

This is where everything went wrong...the view from my table at The Blue Duck. Could you blame me?

This is why I gave in. 

Miraculously, I was completely prepared for a day at the beach even though I was searching for a job.  Funny how that works. 

This is North Cottesloe beach - one of my new favorite things!

The waves looked like so much fun!  I would've been body surfing in a heartbeat if the water wasn't still so chilly!





Soaking up the sun!


Dad - I can't wait for you to get here so we can go body surfing in these waves!!  I couldn't stop thinking about our Christmas in Thailand today!


This is a view of the street just opposite of the beach.  It looks like this picture should come from some sort of mountainous town in Colorado or Washington - I love it!

Who knew that you could have both loves in one place - the beach and beautiful trees on the exact same street!

Every time I look at these trees I feel like I should be on a ski slope...and then I realize I'm at the beach in Perth.  Life is simply perfect.  

3 comments:

Nona and Papa said...

I really hope you are wearing sunscreen! I can't wait to get there and see all the beautiful places you are exploring! We love you! Mom and Dad

Rufus said...

Karis, listen to your mother. I have decided that Perth would be the worst place for me as I already have a tendency to not work much at work. Throw in a beach, and I'm pretty much useless, although life would be great...especially at this beach. With the economy tanking right now, it would be cheaper to simply live at this beach, though the Plane tickets there would be more expensive than the living...conundrum! Anyway, what kind of job would you like there now that you've had a month to see the culture?

Amanda said...

I love it...and I love you! The beach looks beautiful and I wish I could hop on a plane and head there to lay in the sun with you! Remember when we used to lay out on the trampoline in college?! :-) Those were the days....
xoxo