Sunday, October 5, 2008

Life is a highway...WATCH OUT!

K & T are clearly rookie drivers here in Australia! Tyson's company rented a car for us (until we get ours) and we braved the roads this weekend! It's almost as if we're learning to drive all over again because EVERYTHING is on the opposite side! (Okay, maybe me more so than Tyson - I'm so proud of him! He's a natural already!) We had a few close calls and lots of laughs, but in the end, came away from our first driving adventure unscathed! On Saturday we drove all the way up the "Sunset Coast" and took in some gorgeous sights of Perth's many beaches. It started off a bit rainy, but cleared up after lunch and turned into a beautiful (but WINDY!) day!

The silver color of this car is just about the ONLY thing it has in common with his truck back home!

Get out of the way...here we come!

Whew! Safely parked at Cottesloe Beach.

A storm was literally BLOWING it's way in

I chased down this lizard that I saw just before it started to pour rain! He was shy and wouldn't let me get a face shot.

I made Tyson stop so we could get out and take a pic....

...there was a great view of the coast but we almost got blown off the bluff!

We ended up at Hillary's Boat Harbor - which has the cutest boardwalk full of restaurants and shops!

It was ALMOST better than Echo Bay! :)

Why not?!

Tess - I can't wait to play with you here!

We shopped around and found...Crocodile Dundee!

We also found Kelly Lane all the way in Australia!!! Can you believe it?!

AND...our friend Janet Yates is going to be here for an art expo!!! Get out of town!

2 comments:

Nona and Papa said...

What a great weekend! We love seeing your blog...We feel like we are right there with you! T-Man way to go...you actually look like Crocodile Dundee! Have a great week! See you in 11 weeks! love Mom and Dad

Rufus said...

Janet is quite the artist. She never lets me see her stuff, but needless to say that I will not be attending the art exhibit. Janet says she would be "too nervous" for me to see her work. Feel free to attend though, and describe her work to me.

Tyson-you should film a mockumentary of Crocodile Dundee and post it on here or YouTube,etc.

Stay safe driving, but I dig the Hyundai!