Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Greens Pool and Elephant Rock

We were just amazed with the views at Conspicuous Cliff!  We headed back towards Denmark for a few other stops on our "tour" of the area.  Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, we found Greens Pool.  Wow!!  

The massive granite rocks have formed a "barrier" from the powerful ocean which then creates this beautiful and calm green pool!

The water is a gorgeous green/light blue color.

The pool is completely protected from the harshness of the sea.

The granite rocks are smooth and fun to play on!

Again - no one around!  This is the perfect spot for a fun day at the beach!

Picture perfect Greens Pool.

There goes that cute boy again.

I could spend forever exploring this beach!

I am definitely coming back when it's warm enough to swim!  How inviting does that water look?!

These rocks are perfect for exploring.

Tyson quickly figured that out and was on top of them before I could blink!

King of the Mountain!

He's good looking AND athletic!  What a catch! :)

This does not need any explanation.  Just stare at it.

It's amazing what color makes us feel!

My adorable husband just before we came across...

Our first AUSSIE SNAKE!  I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to really show how big it was!

Look closely and you can see it slithering through the bushes...I tried to get closer, but T wouldn't let me.

Here is Elephant Rock.  If you look carefully, it looks like a herd of elephants with their heads down.  I can see it, but apparently T can't and was unimpressed.  I quite like them.

A look out over the pool just before the weather started to go bad.

1 comment:

Rufus said...

I saw Elephants in Africa and you see their rocks in Australia. If only we could get them together in the same place it would be as exciting as when you dropped ya'll's chocolate into our peanut butter (Reese's Ripoff!!!)