Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Applecross

Today I found yet another favorite view of Perth from a small suburb called Applecross.  It's up on a hill right by the Swan River, but on the completely opposite side from where we live and where King's Park is. 


I parked the car and this is what I found!

Another adorable park/playground with fantastic views!  Tess is going to have SO much fun when she gets here!  I hope she's ready for all this playing!

This is a view from one of the "lookout" points on top of the hill.

Perth city from another lookout point.

The city is so pretty - even on a cloudy day!

One of the massive and beautiful trees I came across on my adventure.

I'm not sure what kind of trees these are, but I'm going to find out.  I love them.  Their trunks look bald!

The picture doesn't quite show how big they really are!

I wandered down the hill on this path to the shore in hopes of some good exploring. (I passed several places where I just know snakes were hiding - I walked fast!)

The rocky/sandy shore...

There was no one around!  Great exploring!

A lonely beach - just begging me to lay on it and get a tan.  If the sun would've been out, I just might've given the beach some company.

A look back up the hill I came down...time to hike back up!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Jeanae said...

Looks like you guys are having fun, which is great! Applecross was one of our favorite places as well :-) Did you know that Heath Ledger's parents live in that area. There are some beautiful houses in that area as well (it is also good to go there and Sir James Mitchell Park at night... great views of the city of lights :-)

Rufus said...

I think that Perth was built to just be a tourist attraction of incredible "views". They want us dopey Yanks to believe that the town simply "developed" that way naturally, but the views are a bit too perfect, the animals a bit too perfect, the food a bit too perfect. Its a conspiracy!!!!!!!!