Saturday, October 11, 2008

Burn Baby Burn!

Today we put on our polyester, bell bottoms and platforms and turned ourselves into Disco Divas for Spring in the Valley.  This is a huge festival put on by all of the Swan Valley wineries to celebrate the beginning of Spring.  Everyone puts on "fancy dress" which in American is (dresses up in a costume) and goes to different wineries for tastings of their wine, music and bbq.  We went on a bus that a friend of Pete & Allison had organized - and our theme of course - was disco!  Everyone on the bus dressed up and we had a blast!  I can honestly say that today we experienced some of the BEST people watching yet!! :)  These Aussies sure do love Spring!

Ready for the inferno!

Play that funky music white boy! :)

I didn't live through the disco era - but I think we absolutely look the part!

Our first stop on the tour of wineries- Windy Creek.  It was beautiful!  And their wines were the best of the day.


I think my mom and Sue might enjoy it here...just maybe.

There weren't any grapes on the vines - believe me, I was totally ready to pick some.

Tyson, Tony the Tiger and James.

Tony the Tiger was a bit thirsty.

The whole disco crew from our bus.  Very snazzy "fancy dress" all around!

The lads!

I love this poofy haired man!

The 2nd winery on our stop - Sandalford.  The wine was so-so, but the view of their vineyard was the best all day!


We boogied down in true disco fashion!

Love the serious dance face, James!  But the best part - notice one of the 7 dwarves in the background!  "Fancy Dress" is way too fun! 

We rolled straight out of the 70s! 

Allison and I - she is a super sweet Scottish girl dating an Englishman living in Australia. A world traveler! :)

And the final winery on our tour - Lilac Hill Estate.

It was so pleasant at this time of day.  Those who know about my obsession with the sky - this is another one of those moments when I could've stared at it for hours.

That's my boy!  He won a bottle of wine for part of the costume contest on our bus - "Best Fro"!

3 comments:

Nona and Papa said...

Oh my goodness you both look great in your fancy dress!! That looked soooo fun and yes Sue and i would definately love to visit your Aussie winerys!...T-man you are the best funky white boy ever! Have a great weekend..love Mom and Dad

Rufus said...

False. Those were not costumes, but Tyson's real hair and Katy Tiger Shirt (only Katy locals will get that one). Tyson, you have let yourself go. You used to have "Wolverine's" hair, now its just too much like Will Ferrell's hair in Semi-Pro. Ha!

Unknown said...

Karis! I love reading about you time in Australia! I am so jealous! Thanks for keeping a blog to keep us all updated! I miss you and think about you frequently!