Tuesday, November 25, 2008

W.O.W - Women of the Wildnerness!

God has blessed me with some absolutely sweet ladies that I met through the American Women's Club in Perth.  They have taken me under their wing and have truly been an answer to my prayer for friends here.  One of the ladies, Nancie, is even more of an adventurer than me and she LOVES to go exploring...she came up with the WOW group that goes on a hike/excursion during the week and today she took us to the Serpentine Falls.  We had a blast hiking through the brush, across flowing waters in a beautiful "valley" that was nearly untouched!  And to top it all off, we had a picnic lunch where we were joined by some very friendly and furry guests! 

The falls!  The water rushed down into a huge natural pool of water.

The brushy hillside surrounding us.

We would've gone swimming but the water was a tad too CHILLY!

The WOW ladies - look at that teamwork!

We hiked up the mountain right next to the falls...this is looking down!

And this is what we found just on the other side at the top of the falls!

Looking back at what we just hiked up.

So peaceful and serene! 

We took extra special care (banging sticks on the ground) to make sure the snakes knew to stay away!

I could've stayed on this warm rock all day!  Just give me a good book and I'm in heaven!

We were playing a fun game of dominos when I noticed something hopping towards us....

Kangaroo friends!!!!  They were hungry and we just so happened to have some delicious peanuts to feed them!!

Isn't he precious?!

Eat up, little one!

TWO kangaroos to feed!!  They were so friendly!

I was having WAY too much fun!

Mom and Joey after stopping by for some peanuts!!!

6 comments:

Rufus said...

The Guys group is called M.O.W. which mainly meets to do yard work.

fleur said...

I can't believe how the 'roos just roam around and will approach people! How fun for you! Miss you.

Rufus said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

I follow your blog and its always fun to see whats going on where you are. your hicking trip looked like so much fun and beautiful.

Unknown said...

Karis...this looks so fun! I can't believe that Kangaroo's just hopped right up to yall! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

Karis...this looks so fun! I can't believe that Kangaroo's just hopped right up to yall! Great pictures!