Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to...Perth!

You better watch out, you better not cry or else Santa won't turn on the Christmas lights in Perth!  I made T take me downtown on friday night for a date to see Santa and the Lord Mayor of Perth officially turn on the lights!  Since they completely skip over Thanksgiving here, they've already jumped straight into Christmas and the decorations are up all over the city.  The turning on of the lights was quite a celebration complete with a huge stage for dances, carol singers, magicians and of course...SANTA! 

It's not quite what you'd see in Rockefeller plaza...but it's perfect for Perth!

Look at how many people turned up to see Santa!  And notice how cute the post office looks decorated for Christmas!

He made it!  I wonder if his reindeer get him to Perth faster than Emirates or Qantas??

Let there be light!!

Very festive!  I love Christmas time!  Especially because my family will be here to see all of this in 4 weeks!!!!

They're very "green" here in Australia, and I think that all of the lights they use are solar powered!  

2 comments:

Rufus said...

Santa looks like he's about to give a concert in the one picture. Christmas is awesome!

Rufus said...

On an unrelated topic from Christmas, I just thought it would cool to start a company called "Perth's Pizzas". Random, but awesome...and delicious!