Monday, November 10, 2008

Let's go fly a kite...

After our fun day in Mandurah, T and I drove out towards the beach for sunset.  We've realized that all over Perth you find these massive wide open (and very nicely manicured!) fields/parks that are absolutely perfect for kite flying!  We just happened to come across this one on our way to the beach, and decided that we should finally fly Tyson's birthday kite.  It was a super windy afternoon, which made "The Quokka's" maiden flight a wonderful success!  We had so much fun flying that we never quite made it to the beach!

Captain T preparing "The Quokka" for flight.

We have liftoff!

Tyson is a fantastic kite flyer!

Very focused too!

And looking handsome as ever!

I was trying to take a picture of the field/park and managed to get the kite in it too!  I had to watch my head for the dive bombing Quokka!

Tyson taught me how to fly stunt kites when we first started dating over 4 years ago!  I learned from the best! :)

1 comment:

Rufus said...

Kites are awesome. I will have to wait until March however to enjoy such a sport.