Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Baking

I have the best husband in the world.  Have I mentioned that before?  Just in case I haven't, let me restate that this amazing man has brought me to live in Australia, on a year long vacation from work (have you seen the pictures?!  we live in paradise!), where I just get to play and explore all day, while he works SO hard to provide and make a living for us.  All that being said, this wonderful man even agreed to bake Christmas cookies with me today!  That's right, T-man put on an apron and baked up some of the most delicious sugar cookies I've ever tasted!  (Thank you SO much, Janice for the best recipe in the whole world!)  I, of course, had to document this momentous occasion as it has never happened before....

Keep in mind that T is an engineer.... he is, to say the least, very meticulous in his work.

Take it out on the cookie dough, honey!

Are those not the best looking cookie cut-outs?!

Notice how he has maximized the amount of dough used in each roll out by carefully placing and spacing the cookie cutters.

Such concentration!

There's that handsome smile!  I just LOVE the apron on you, T!

The end result?!  A masterpiece that tasted like heaven in my mouth!!

4 comments:

Rufus said...

Ok Tyson, its on. As our family has a sugar cooking contest every Christmas holiday, I have won the majority of the baking contests.

It is with this in mind that I now challenge you to a "Cook-off" during Christmas 2009! Do you accept? If so, post a comment right here on your wife's own blog site! Do IT!

Unknown said...

IT IS ON YATES! Consider this my acceptance of your "cook-off" challenge. And it's not too late to backout Erik, that way you won't get humiliated from across the globe. I'll make such delicious sugar-roos and koala-cookies that it'll make your head spin!

Rufus said...

While nice in appearance, really its the way Karis uses the pictures as propaganda that make them seem better than they really are. This is why your cookies will ultimately lose! Pictures of a great husband with an apron will eventually lose out when the people find out that (and I quote from your comments, "delicious sugar-roos and koala-cookies") that your ingredients are not only in bad taste, but probably illegal in the US. I will make my delicious cookies the old fashioned way: with love and dough, not kangaroo and koala.

Consider yourself served. This bake-off is happening. I've already gotten my own mixing bowl and special recipe. By the way, I will not get humilated across the globe b/c in 2009 the globe spins you back to Texas where you will be schooled and owned!

Sorry #2...I guess I'll just have to take you at your word...

Marcy and Adrian said...

Karis, I know you put your address on here at one point but I can't find it. Can you send it to me please? Thanks! I know you are ready for your family to be there. Only a bit longer!