Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Family...God's greatest blessing.


Tyson and I have said over and over again how blessed we are to be on this adventure together in Australia.  We've seen and done so much more than we ever dreamed we would during our short time here.  But, despite it's beauty, Australia lacks one thing that we have missed beyond measure....family.  As it turns out, we happen to have the best families (Thomas, Casswell and Cross-Trainer) that two kids could ever hope for and so this means that for the past 13 weeks, our hearts have been craving something that just can't be found in Australia.  (Yes, we've also been craving Pappasitos, Chick-fil-A and Blue Bell Ice Cream...but we can do without those for now!)  I think we both realized how much we truly NEED our families - when it boils down to it, we love you so much we can't live without you!  This is why there are hardly words to describe how special it was to finally see my family again.  I spent the last 13 weeks counting down to the minute they would step off the plane.  13 weeks that seemed to drag on and on and on.  I spent 13 weeks planning out exactly what I would have to show them and everything we would have to do during their 12 days here.  12 amazingly perfect and wonderfully special days that couldn't possibly be over already.  I hardly breathed and they're already gone again.  While the time went by in what literally felt like the blink of an eye, we made a lifetime of memories in those 12 days.  It would take entirely too long to describe everything we did during their trip - but it was simply perfect just being together.  I've decided to post a slideshow with some (over 200 - and that's just a small sample!!) of the pictures that we took during the Casswell's Christmas Vacation 2008.  If you click on the slideshow it will take you to an album where you can view captions and make the pictures bigger.  I'm sorry that I didn't blog at all over the holidays, but I wanted to soak up every second with my family.  Tyson and I were thinking about all of you and we pray that each of you were blessed with a Merry Christmas and a magical New Year!  We miss and love all of you so very much.  13 weeks of waiting is back again....we are beyond excited to see Tyson's family (hopefully!) in March!!  

6 comments:

Rufus said...

So glad your family got to visit ya'll in Australia, Karis. Hopefully, we can get on the waiting list to come see you as well!!!!

fleur said...

Love the Christmas Vacation shirts! Love that Tess got to spend her 1st birthday over there with you guys! Love that you got such great time with your awesome family! And how cute is your Grandpa?!?

Amanda said...

I feel sure it is totally normal for me to laugh and cry as if it were my own family in those pictures! :-) I love the Casswells!!! Thanks for sharing all the pics!!
xoxo
Mand

Nona and Papa said...

Karis and Tyson, your were the most amazing hosts and tour guides and yes we all are so blessed!! We had the best time with you....and yes made the most wonderful Christmas 2008 memories ever...even better than getting bikes when you were kids. We are so thankful to have been able to share a little piece of your Aussie adventure. Yes, we will miss you over the next 7 months but now we know exactly what you mean by things you have said in your blog (oh my gosh those trees and flowers and beaches the pictures really don't show all the beauty) We are so happy you are both having fun! Exploring and enjoying this adventure! May God continue to bless you both! Love Mom and Dad..ps..Tyson really does make a mean sugar cookie! He made 3 extra batches while we were there!

Stephanie said...

Hi Karis! You probably don't remember me but I was friends with Kelly when we lived in Saudi. I've been a regular lurker on your page ever since I found the link on Kelly's page, and I have to say that I always check in here because you have such incredible stories to share! It seems like you are having a blast down under and are super blessed to have such an amazing family. I always thought your parents were so cool! What a wonderful treat for everyone to come and visit you guys over the holidays. I'm sure those 12 days you will never forget! Anyway, I just wanted to write and say hello! Stephanie

Rufus said...

Tyson...did you pay Karis' mom to plug your sugar cookies on this blog post? You will not win the propaganda war for our sugar cookie showdown in Christmas 2009 when you are back in the states. By the way, I entered my cookies in our family bake off and did something you won't do....I won!