Thursday, April 30, 2009

My FAVORITE Outback...

God has been SO good and answered a huge prayer for us!  As some of you may or may not know, Tyson and I are technically supposed to stay in Australia until September...which would mean that I would miss the start of the school year, and therefore miss out on a full-time teaching position at the best school in the world.  We've been praying for a long time for direction and guidance on what we should do next year - and God has put it on both of our hearts that I should be teaching.  We feel that even though that means we'll have to be apart for a little while, it's worth the sacrifice if I can teach full-time at OKE.  God is so faithful and has once again, worked it out for us!  As it turns out, the second grade team at OKE has to add another teacher for the 2009-2010 school year...and they want me to come back!  I have officially accepted the position, which means that I'll basically get to pick up right where I left off.  Australia is gorgeous and we have had such an amazing adventure here, but unfortunately, I love an Outback in Texas where I get to work with wonderful friends and precious students on a daily basis...my favorite Outback can only be found at OKE, and I'm so proud and simply blessed to call myself a "Koala" again!
 

3 comments:

fleur said...

YAY Karis!!! That's AWESOME and we all look forward to you both being back in the states soon! :)

The Scott Family said...

Karis- I am so happy you are getting your teaching position back, it's hard to leave those cute kiddos.

Rufus said...

Yes that is all well and good but you've missed the VIPS breakfast again...