Sunday, September 28, 2008

King's Park

It's the start of Spring in Perth, which means it's absolutely beautiful! The Wildflower Festival is going on in King's Park and today everyone was out having picnics and enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather and flowers! King's Park is a massive park overlooking the Swan River and is literally right across the street from our apartment. Tyson and I decided to go on a walk this afternoon because it was so nice outside - the park was full of fun activities for the Wildflower Festival! I couldn't stop smiling as we walked through the park surrounded by so many people enjoying the beauty of spring! There were lots of activities for kids - and we saw so many precious babies running around that it made me miss Tess SO much. I can't wait to show her everything here! After our walk through the park, we met up with our friend James for coffee and people watching at the outdoor malls downtown. My favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon is in these pictures!

Welcome to King's Park!

Only the beginning of it...

There are trees here with the most beautiful red flowers on them! I'm obsessed with them! Mom - you would love these trees too! I sound like you every single time I walk outside..."look at the beautiful flowers!"

Looking out on the Swan River and East Perth

Downtown Perth from King's Park - what a pretty city!

The best lookout point from the park!

I could stand here all day...

The most peculiar looking, and my personal favorite wildflower...the Kangaroo Paw!

A treetop bridge makes the walk through the park even more fun!

Theses fountains will all of a sudden stop and then shoot way up in the air - the kids were waiting at the edge of the water and then they'd all start to scream when the fountains went off again! They were precious! I can't wait to bring Tess here!!!

Have you ever seen a more perfect spot for a Sunday picnic?!

A real-live Kangaroo Paw!!! :)

How about a camel ride to celebrate the wildflowers!?

Or an aboriginal dance complete with a didgeridoo?! It was such a FUN day at the park!

Look at the hottie I found waiting for the bus!

The malls here are basically outdoor and they're all interconnected...a shoppers paradise!

This couple are here every weekend and they are awesome!

I'm quickly becoming addicted to the Aussie's love for good coffee! This is what they call a "flat white" - basically a cappuccino without the extra foam on top! YUM!


4 comments:

The Sadlers said...

I can't wait to get there! Tess is going to love Australia! It looks like you are setteling in nicely and adapting well! I sure do miss you though! I think about you all the time! I love you and miss you! Tess really loves you and misses you like crazy!

fleur said...

AMAZING and breathtaking views - such rich colors! Where else can you see real live kangaroo paws, take a camel ride, see some Aboriginal dancing, and do a little shopping? It just doesn't get any more eclectic than Perth! Oh, and LOVE the background music!

Rufus said...

You need to go to the YATES flower festival before it ends this week!!!! Park looks great, though that live Kangeroo Paw looks menacing! We need some pics of Tyson doing the aborigonee dances among the kangeroo paws for maximum laughter. Better yet post a video...but Tyson may not want to do b/c it will remind him of the natives who danced all over the Cowboys this weekend and will ruin his week.

Pame Recetas said...

Pretty Perth! I think I'm starting to love Australia through your eyes. Thank you very much for such a good blog. I love your talking to your mom, though it makes me feel a little bit of an intruder.