Monday, March 16, 2009

Go T-man, Go!!!


My super strong and incredibly handsome husband competed in his first ever triathlon on Sunday! The triathlon was put on by Mustang for employees to race in as a way to raise money for charity. Employees in the company chose the participants they wanted to "put their money on" or "sponsor". So many people put money on Tyson that he actually raised the most of all the racers! He's been training for the triathlon for several months now, and I couldn't have been more PROUD of him!! He finished in 65 minutes and came in 3rd out of 8 other individual racers! I, being the proud and supportive wife that I am, drove around the course trying to find him and cheer on his super-cute-self whenever possible. Enjoy the pictures - I am so proud of this man.

Getting warmed-up.

Stretching out for the swim...and smiling too.


He's not even nervous!  Or at least he hides it well!

It just wouldn't be Tyson without a hint of silliness.

Brrrr....

On your marks, get set....GO, baby, GO!!

16 laps total...I would've died after 1!

Perhaps the next Michael Phelps?  Only a much, MUCH cuter version.

I found him on his bike through King's Park and pulled over to cheer for him...and snap some pics!

Up the hill he goes....at an incredible pace, might I say.

As I waited for him on another part of the course, I couldn't help but take some pictures of this beautiful city we live in!

It just never gets old!

A huge thank you to our friend, Pete for letting Tyson borrow his super speedy bike!

Trailing a non-triathlon competitor...who a few K's ahead I cheered on as well, thinking that he was actually part of the triathlon.  Oops!

Pushing hard up the hill on what I decided to name "White Lightning".

And a thumbs-up finish for Tman!!!

WAY TO GO, T!!!!  SO PROUD OF YOU!

The Mustang Triathletes!

2 comments:

Rufus said...

White Lightning is a great name for Tyson now! But he is no Iron Man...that is Tony Stark! I think they even made a movie about it.

fleur said...

Way to go, Tyson!! That's so impressive...congrats, man!