Thursday, July 23, 2009

K&T's Farewell to Perth Tour

It's hard to believe that our Aussie Adventure has already come to a close. 10 1/2 amazing months in Perth flew by quicker than either of us ever imagined it would. We never anticipated feeling so sad to leave this life, this place, and these people that have touched us and changed us forever. We have so much to be thankful for, and much to look forward to at home, but we can't help but feel sad as we think about what we're leaving behind. We unexpectedly fell in love with it here. We unexpectedly made beautiful, amazing friendships. We will unexpectedly, and whole heartedly miss the life that we built in Australia. We're coming home changed, with hearts full of memories that will always remind us of the joy and the blessing that we found down under.



Pictures from our week-long farewell tour:


The sweet ladies I workout with had a going-away lunch for me. They've been just like second mom's all year!

T & I went on a huge walk through King's Park...


DNA tower in King's Park



I think we might even miss the wind!

More of our walk through the park...

The kangaroo paws are back in bloom! Look closely - they even have black ones!

I love the kangaroo paws. They remind me of when we first moved here.

It had been raining for a week straight before today...


...but we were blessed with a gorgeous sunny morning, and a beautiful view of the city during our farewell walk through King's Park.


The kangaroo paws are in full bloom!

King's Park is one of the places we'll miss the most - we have loved living so close to this gorgeous park!

After our walk, we had brekky at our favorite little cafe, Bouchard.

My sports loving hubby. :)
We tried out a new restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning - we were greeted with these funny looking green icy drinks.

I can't believe how adventurous of an eater he's become! The face shows worry, but at least he tried it! :)

Can you say, yum?!

Our final dinner with the bbq club and all the great friends we've made from Tyson's work.

One final trip to City Beach...

...a view that will most definitely be missed.

My wonderful honey took me out for a final date to a movie in GOLD CLASS! :)

Why have they not invented this in Texas???

Without a doubt, this is THE best way to watch a movie!

God was so kind and blessed us with one final gorgeous sunset!


And of course, I had to have one last delicious cappuccino at my favorite cafe in Subi, Spring Espresso!

Oh, how I will miss you, you beautiful cup of coffee! :)

2 comments:

Rufus said...

This has been a great blog Karis. Its been so good, that I was unable to keep up with my mock-u-blog. I found myself not wanting to mock your journey, but to join it! Y'all took the trip, but it was us the reader that was changed forever. I will make it to Perth someday!!!!

Come home soon friends! Pappasitos and Lupe Tortilla are waiting for you!

Kayli McDaniel said...

karbear and tyty - i don't know why i'm up reading your blog at 1am, but i am!! i know it must be so hard to leave that beautiful place and all your friends. mac and i have really missed you both and want to get together with you once you're back and hear about all your adventures and make you watch our wedding video (j/k on that part). are you going back to houston?
love you both!
kayli & mac